|This article is about the series. You may be looking for the short, the theme song or the location.|
Summer Camp Island is a Cartoon Network animated series that also airs on Cartoon Network. The television series originated from a short pilot, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival as a part of the Animated Shorts category. The series is created by Adventure Time's Julia Pott.
The series was picked up by Cartoon Network and was scheduled to premiere on July 7, 2018. A 48-hour uninterrupted marathon aired the entire first season, simultaneously through Cartoon Network and Boomerang. 20 more episodes were scheduled for late 2018, but were delayed and shifted to the second season, and aired in 2019.
Away from their parents, best friends Oscar & Hedgehog must summon all their courage to navigate mysteries and wonders of a magic sleep-away camp where camp counselors are popular girl witches, horses become unicorns, and monsters live under the bed. Not all camps offer the opportunity to swim with a talking shark in the swimming pool, crawl under the bed into a different universe, or make friends with the moon, but on Summer Camp Island, anything can happen.
- Asher Bishop as Oscar (previously Justin Felbinger and Elliott Smith)
- Oona Laurence as Hedgehog (previously Ashley Boettcher)
- Julia Pott as Susie
- Charlyne Yi as Alice
- Nikki Castillo as Betsy
- Ramone Hamilton as Max (previously Thomas Vaethroeder)
- Naomi Hansen as Pajamas (previously Anna Strupinsky)
- Sam Lavagnino as Pepper, Alien King
- Indie Nameth as Lucy
- Andre Robinson as Oliver
- Alexa Nisenson as Alexa
- Daphne Thomas as Lem
- Richard Kind as Dr. P. Shark (previously Judd Hirsch)
- Whoopi Goldberg as Barb
- Mike Birbiglia as Howard
- Fortune Feimster as Ava
- Bobby Moynihan as Mortimer, Melvin, Jimjams
- Alia Shawkat as Blanche, Cinnamon Raisin Toast
- Kimiko Glenn as Margot
- Cole Sanchez as Freddie
- Paula Poundstone as Paulette
- Melanie Lynskey as Sun
- Cedric the Entertainer as Moon
- Alfred Molina as Monster Under the Bed (previously Judd Hirsch), Andy
- Kathleen Wilhoite as Sue
- Elijah Wood as Saxophone
- Ethan Maher as Puddle
- Caleb McLaughlin as Ghost the Boy
- Nat Faxon as Popular Banana Split
- Lesley Nicol as Ramona
- Lorraine Bracco as Werewolf Queen
- During the show's debut in CN Asia, it was aired on January 25th, 2019 as a part of a one hour marathon called Summer Camp Guide, which featured the episodes The First Day, Chocolate Money Badgers, Saxophone Come Home, Computer Vampire, and Pepper's Blanket Is Missing, in that order.
- The following one hour marathon, titled Camp Activities, which aired on February 22nd, 2019 featured the episodes Mr. Softball, Popular Banana Split, Time Traveling Quick Pants, The Basketball Liaries, and Oscar & Hedgehog's Melody, in that order.
- The third one hour marathon, titled Aliens and Monsters, which aired on March 29th, 2019 featured the episodes Feeling Spacey, Monster Babies, Monster Visit, Ghost the Boy, and Hedgehog Werewolf, in that order.
- A fourth one hour marathon, titled All About Friendship, which aired on April 12, 2019, featured the episodes Ice Cream Headache, Pajama Pajimjams, Moon Problems, It's My Party, and Fuzzy Pink Time Babies, in that order.
- A fifth one hour marathon, titled Best Friends Forever, which aired on July 26, 2019 features the episodes Cosmic Bupkiss, Susie Appreciation Day, Director's Cut, Mom Soon, and Space Invasion, in that order.
- A sixth one hour marathon, titled Camp Secrets, aired on August 23, 2019. It features the episodes Susie's Fantastical Scavenger Hunt, Campers Above the Bed, Spell Crushers, Radio Silence and Puff Paint in that order.
- A seventh one hour marathon, titled Magic Spells, aired on October 19, 2019. It features the episodes Mop Forever, The Haunted Campfire, Midnight Quittance, Sneeze Guard and Pajamas Party in that order.
- An eighth one hour marathon, titled So Much Christmas (along with other CN series), aired on December 1, 2019. It features the episodes The Soundhouse, The Great Elf Invention Convention, I Heart Heartforde, Twelve Angry Hedgehogs and The Library in that order.
- During August 5, 2019, Cartoon Network Russia started a Whole August season 2 episodes on RUS dub, which included "Cosmic Bupkiss" and "The First Day" in that order.
- However, the new episodes on Russian dub ended in the start of September.
- The show appears to take place in the late 1990s as shown by several products such as 12-inch vinyl records, CRT screens, and the cars.
- The show's name on Russian by-long is "Остров летнего лагеря", or by short "Летний лагерь".
Click here to view this page's gallery.